Just a quick reminder, we have started a YouTube channel. It’s certainly in its infancy stage for sure and will be going through some growing pains but go check it out and we would appreciate it if you would subscribe while there. Here is a link. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q
One of the key things we learned and one of the many things we like about being fulltime RVers is being flexible, something that I wasn’t necessarily good at for so many years during my working days. Diane however has always been one of those low key easy going types.
Yup, about two updates back we talked about how we hadn’t planned to make any changes to our summer plan’s, then in our last update we mentioned that we did cancel 1 reservation in Washington but didn’t have any other changes planned but were still open to the idea, well now we have taken all that a step farther.
Our original plan was to leave our winter spot at Casa Grande April 1st, then boondock at different locations for the next 9 days until we reached Grants Pass Oregon where we planned to spend 3 weeks visiting friends and taking care of our “real life” stuff and then move on.
Well, taking into consideration that our “real life stuff” this year consisted of routine Dr. and dentist visits, nothing that REALLY needs to be taken care of urgently. And taking into consideration that gathering with friends would no doubt be restricted. And taking into consideration the state of the country regardless of where you are as far as restaurants and places of interest being closed we figured it didn’t really matter where we were so we decided to extend our stay in Arizona.
At least where we are we have a huge RV site that gives us plenty of separation from any neighbors and that separation is growing every day with people leaving the area. And with people leaving the area it has to make it even safer we think. And maybe even easier to get things at the store, again we hope.
Even though the Pickleball Club has stopped all organized play the courts do remain open and a few close nit friends I’m sure will get together and play a little and I’m sure Diane and I will go down together to do drill’s. We have our own balls and will use disinfectant to make things even safer.
Along with Pickleball the office to the golf course in the resort is closed but the course remains open for people in the resort and at no cost so we will probably take advantage of that.
There is a nice putting green and a driving net to use that will help occupy some time as well.
The fairways and greens are still being maintained by workers and even though it’s free there are very few people out playing which is great for us.
And walking around the park for exercise even though not like being out on trails isn’t a bad thing either with some nice greenbelts throughout.
And for those that are into Lawn Bowling and have their own gear, that area is being maintained as well.
Taking all of this into consideration I think we made the right choice to hunker down here instead of at some park with tight sites and absolutely nothing to help occupy our time. Nothing is 100% safe but we do feel pretty safe here.
So for now we have reservation right here through the end of April but as it stands now we have reservations in Eugene Oregon starting April 30th so if we keep that we will need to leave a few days early, time will tell.
After our 2 week stay in Eugene we have reservations in the Redmond/Bend area and that’s where we have plans to meet up with a bunch of Diane’s side of the family for a visit so we are hoping that can still happen. But a lot of factors will weigh in on that so again, time will tell.
That’s it for now, everyone stay healthy!!!