Well crud it was bound to happen, the rain caught up to us. But not before we at least had a sunny start to the day and we were able to get a nice walk in along the lake.
We didn’t have a fast start to the day because well, we just didn’t have any plans that required us to do so. But once we had breakfast and had our fill of sitting outside in our chairs in the sun looking out over the lake we went for a walk.
At one point during our walk, I think right after we got excited about a shell Diane found and checking out a lizard we saw sun bathing on a rock Diane said “our life sure is a lot slower now and much simpler”. Talk about an understatement!!! I am so damn happy we decided on this adventure!!
After our leisurely walk along the lake we went back home and ran across 2 different nests in the rafters of two different shade structures (or in our case today, rain shelters LOL!!). Check em out!!
After our walk I sat outside and just enjoyed watching a cloud drop rain on the mountainside across the lake from us. I just watched it move as it crested the hilltop and started dropping rain and it just kept slowly moving until I could see the rain hitting the water as it continued towards us until,,,, well it chased us inside for the remainder of the darn day LOL!!!
Diane worked on her Swedish weaving project and did a little reading while I worked on catching up on filing photos, tried to figure out just where we might go after leaving here and doing another blog update. And at one point I took advantage of the free water (rain) and went out to wash off the bugs from the front of the motorhome. You have to be resourceful while dry camping LOL!!
I think because the rain is supposed to hang around for a couple more days we have decided to stay here at least one or two more nights before making a move. We decided that because it’s forecasted to rain at our next stop for the next couple days as well we would rather be stuck inside here while paying only $3 per night instead of being stuck inside at a spot we will be paying much more. Plus we would rather travel on dry roads and keep the coach a little cleaner as long as we can.
Plus we plan to visit our friends Bob & Karen at their property before going over to Eugene for our A/C appointment and we don’t want to pull in there to soon, they probably don’t want to deal with us for to many days LOL!!
That’s it from here for now, at this point we plan to stay here through at least Sunday night and wing it from there by letting the weather dictate our next move. We have enough water to hang tight for 3 or 4 more nights.